What to Look for in A Custom Home Builder
There are hundreds of homebuilders in North and South Carolina. Where do you begin your search to find the right craftsman to build your dream home?
A custom builder must be more than just an expert with building materials, sub-contractors, timelines and building codes. Custom builders must have extraordinary relationships with everyone involved in the process.
General contractors and builders must be thoroughly organized. They must be proactive about addressing potential problems. There are many challenges for builders, including: scheduling challenges, back-ordered materials, and weather. Your builder’s ability to handle these challenges and his or her communication style can dramatically reduce the stress associated with building a custom home.
Your custom home will be the foundation of your family’s lifestyle. It is also one of the greatest financial investments you’ll make. Choosing the right contractor is imperative to ensuring a successful endeavor.
What to Expect
We partner with you, our customer, to take your home project from blueprints to groundbreaking, and beyond. It’s important that both the homeowner and builder clearly understand his or her role in the building process. This page is intended to show you what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you.
- Decide on financing plans
- Discuss budget
- Choose property
- Choose home design
- Create & finalize home plans
- Give input on home specifications
- Make materials choices
- Review your property – Make sure it fits your plans
Harding Custom Homes’ Role:
- Guidance from planning to groundbreaking and beyond, including:
- Project scheduling
- Ordering materials
- Selecting subcontractors & suppliers
- Planning meetings to review all of the above
- Site visits with you to assure quality and prepare you for the next steps
- Be available, when needed, by phone
Do you have questions about any of the above? If so, you may want to review the Frequently Asked Questions Page.